Clothes, books, jewelry, household goods, and tools are what you would expect to find at storage auctions. Maybe you found cash, gold or silver inside your locker. Or even collectibles or antique furniture.
Have you found a car or motorcycle inside a storage unit yet?
In an episode of Auction Hunters: Pawn Edition Allen and Ton won a ’68 Stingray Corvette at auction. Doesn’t seem real that you’ll find a car at a storage facility, does it?
Here are a few vehicles bought at storage auctions.
- 1965 2-door Cadillac fully restored
- 500 separate pieces to a 1959 Cadillac discovered under a tarp — fully restored valued at $50,000
- Suzuki Sport Bike with super low mileage
- 1972 Chevy Impala
- 1969 Chevelle
- 2 Mopeds about 30-years old still in good running condition
- 1972 Convertible Ford Mustang
- 1923 Model T
Then one of the rarest finds of all. A 1966 Shelby GT-350 Mustang one of only 1,100 original made and in near perfect condition. Car believed to be property of automotive designer Carroll Shelby. Car sold at auction for over $2 Million.
The vehicles listed above are just a few “reported” finds. Do note that across the USA there are many abandoned vehicles left behind inside storage units for whatever reason.
They’re out there ready to be discovered and that’s reality.